One of my favourite things to do is go on ‘date night’ with Matt. We try to do something at least once a week, whether it be a movie date or trying out a new restaurant, I always look forward to getting all dressed up and heading out with bae. Even though we live together, and we spend every single day together, it’s always so nice to head out and do something different.
One of my favourite parts of going out is actually getting ready beforehand and today I thought I’d share some of my go-to beauty products when I’m getting ready.
When I’m going out, particularly if I’m going ‘out-out’, I always like to set my face with the Benefit POREfessional primer. This feels so soft on my face and it instantly smooths out my pores. I like to let it sink into my skin for a few minutes before I apply my foundation.
I bought this foundation on Saturday as I desperately needed a new one. It’s the Maybelline Fit Me Matte & Poreless foundation and so far I really like it. Although I would prefer *slightly* more coverage, I find that this is easy to build up and blends really well into my skin.
For my contour and blusher I use the Nars Virtual Domination Cheek Palette which is unfortunately currently out of stock online. I really love this palette as the three blushers are so versatile. It also includes the Laguna bronzing powder which is probably my favourite bronzer ever; it’s just the right amount of colour without being too overpowering.
On my eyes I use one of my favourite palettes ever; the Urban Decay Naked Smoky Palette. My favourite shades (as you can probably see from the photo) are High, Dirtysweet and Radar, they’re so highly pigmented and they blend beautifully together. The mascara that I’m currently loving at the moment is the Maybelline Lash Sensational mascara.
What products do you wear for date night? Let me know in the comments or on Twitter @imjustagirl_16.
After reading this post from Antonia, I decided that I wanted to create my own reverse bucket list; a list where you basically celebrate the things that you have already achieved. I think that we’re always so focused on our to-do lists and meeting goals and deadlines that sometimes we forget to celebrate the things that we have already managed to accomplish. That’s why today I want to give myself a little pat on the back and congratulate myself for everything that I’ve already done in my life.
Whether they’re big or small goals, I think that it’s important to look back and reflect on the things that have happened, and I’m certainly grateful and proud of myself for everything that I’ve achieved.
- I’ve been to New York three times – twice with my mum and once with Matt.
- I passed my driving test when I was 17.
- I did well in my A Levels and got into Uni, even though I shortly decided that it wasn’t for me.
- I started my blog and I’m very happy with its progress so far.
- I fell in love with a boy who has been my best friend for many years, and he makes me so happy.
- I secured myself a job that I’m good at and that I love.
- I’ve watched every episode of F.R.I.E.N.D.S at least three times.
- I got a tattoo.
- I’ve already completed some of my travel goals; Budapest, New York and Dubai just to name a few.
- I moved in with my boyfriend.
- I moved to New Zealand for eight months.
- I’ve already met my personal savings goal for this year.
- I dyed my hair exactly how I want it.
- I’m attending my first blogging event next month.
What things are on your reverse bucket list? Let me know in the comments or on Twitter @imjustagirl_16.
There’s nothing that I love more than spending a Sunday evening having a relaxing pamper evening before the week starts again. My pamper evening always includes a bath and luxurious products such as these from Sanctuary Spa. I got them for Christmas from my Grandma and they are absolutely gorgeous!
The scent is genuinely heavenly, I’ve never been good at describing scents but all of these products smell so clean and fresh.
The White Lily & Damask Rose Body Wash is the perfect body wash to use on a pamper evening. It smells SO good and leaves my skin feeling soft and clean for ages. It also comes in the prettiest pink bottle which looks perfect on a bathroom shelf! I know this bottle will last an incredibly long time; you only need the tiniest bit to create a delicious lather and with 250ml of beautiful product, I don’t think that I’ll be running out anytime soon!
A relaxing bath isn’t complete without giving my body a good scrub to get rid of all the dead skin and prep it so that it’s ready to apply moisturiser. The White Lily & Damask Rose Body Scrub leaves my skin feeling so silky smooth and is the perfect amount of ‘scrub’ without feeling too harsh. The 200ml bottle will last an incredibly long time so it’s definitely worth the money.
After my bath I always like to apply moisturiser to ensure that my skin gets extra special treatment and feels incredibly soft and luxurious. The body butter from Sanctuary Spa is the perfect after-bath treat that lathers my skin in a fresh scent and leaves it feeling incredibly hydrated.
Have you tried any of the products from Sanctuary Spa? What did you think of them? Let me know in the comments or on Twitter @imjustagirl_16.
Unless you’ve been living under a rock for the last few months, you’ll have probably heard of the two cult beauty favourites; Charlotte Tilbury’s Pillow Talk and the Pixi Double Cleanse. They’re both incredible products that everyone seems to be loving so I thought I’d give them a whirl and see what all the fuss was about.
I’ve been a huge fan of Charlotte Tilbury products for a long time now, especially her lipsticks, so when Pillow Talk was released I had my eye on it almost immediately. However, for some [ridiculous] reason, I didn’t buy it straight away and it sold out pretty quickly, so I knew that as soon as it came back in stock, I had to get my hands on that baby.
And I can definitely tell you that it does live up to the hype. When I first tried it on I was a little sceptical; I didn’t think that the colour suited me very well, but once I’d had a play around with my makeup and created the perfect look, I knew I was in love. The pigmentation is just wonderful and the colour is really build-able; it’s definitely a “my lips but better” lipstick. Although I didn’t find that it lasted *quite* as long as my Lost Cherry lipstick, (another one of my all-time favourites) I still absolutely love it. It’s the perfect everyday lipstick and I would 100% recommend purchasing it before it runs out of stock again! At a price tag of £24, it’s certainly not on the budget end of the scale but I’ve found that Charlotte Tilbury lipsticks last a LONG time, so I know that it was money well spent.
This two-in-one jar contains one side of a solid cleansing oil and the other side features a cleansing cream. Double cleansing seems to have made a huge breakthrough in the beauty industry recently, which is why this product came at just the right time. The solid cleansing oil is perfect for removing your makeup and thoroughly cleansing your face of all oils, grease and dirt. Although it feels incredibly smooth on your skin, I don’t think it’s quite the *best* cleanser that I’ve ever used, it doesn’t quite remove every last trace of mascara. However, the cleansing cream is great for leaving your skin feeling very soft and supple. I have to say, although I do like this cleanser, it’s definitely not my favourite, (my fave is the Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish if you’re interested…) and I think that the £24 price tag is quite a lot for this product.
Call me an enabler but I definitely think that you should go out and buy the Pillow Talk lipstick ;).
Have you tried either of these products? What do you think of them? Let me know in the comments or on Twitter @imjustagirl_16.
*Warning! This post is likely to feature vom-worthy, nostalgic soppiness*
I’ve contemplated writing this post a number of times now. Partly because I didn’t want to appear as if I was “showing” off and partly, well, because I didn’t think people would really want to read about it.
Also, this post was due to go up on Thursday (our anniversary) but like I said, I’ve contemplated writing it…
One year ago today, my best friend asked me to be his girlfriend.
One year ago today, my life changed for the better.
One year ago today, I became the happiest person in the world, and that happiness has only continued to increase. (I told you it was going to be soppy!).
The point of this post is basically to say thank you to Matt for all the wonderful memories that we’ve already created together. So today, I’m going to pick out some of my favourite moments of the last year and share them with you, enjoy!
On the 4th of May, Matt asked me to be his girlfriend.
In June we celebrated the end of my A Level exams with a number of nights out and a night away in Leeds. It was also my Dad’s 40th birthday, which was also the day that we saw each other really drunk for the first time.
July was a pretty quiet month for us, we didn’t really do that much at all apart from enjoying the sun.
August on the other hand, was pretty full on. We started the month with a trip to New York, which was hands down one of the best times of my entire life!
We attended our first wedding together as a couple in September which was really cool. We also took a day off to go to Flamingo Land with one of our friends which was so much fun.
This month we embraced pumpkin carving and the beginning of the colder months. We also went to watch a football match which in hindsight probably wasn’t the best idea; it was bloody freezing!
We also went ice skating for the first time together this month and despite Matt claiming that he was terrible, he wasn’t *that* bad!
We also brought in the New Year behind the DJ decks in a club in Leeds which was phenomenal and is certainly something I’ll remember forever!
In January we celebrated a number of family members’ birthdays as well as a few nights out on our own. Even though the festive period was over, we decided to carry on celebrating!
This month was very exciting as it was our first Valentine’s Day together and we also celebrated Matt’s 19th birthday. We also went to a fancy dress party where we dressed up as Scooby Doo characters; it was so fun!
If you read my Budapest post then you know that we started the month of March with a weekend away in Budapest as a surprise birthday present for Matt. It was the most amazing weekend and Budapest was so unbelievably beautiful. The month slowed down quite a lot after that, which was probably good as we began preparing for my birthday…
We started the month at a local Italian restaurant, eating delicious steak and drinking copious amounts of prosecco. We then spent the following weekend in London for my 19th birthday; it was a surprise from Matt and he really spoilt me. The whole weekend was spent eating delicious food and seeing all the typical touristy sites and it was perfect. Towards the end of April we had an impromptu night away in Leeds. We ended up having a lovely meal out and then we spent the evening watching Family Guy and drinking cider; it was lush.
We celebrated our one year anniversary by getting tattoos, but there’ll be a post all about that soon so keep your eyes peeled ;).
Matt, thank you so much for giving me the best year of my life. I’ve never been happier and we’ve already created some of my favourite ever memories, so thank you baby.
April was a pretty busy month for me, I turned 19, I blogged everyday throughout April (well, up until the 26th…) and I had a number of days out seeing friends and family. Amongst all the adventure, there were a number of bloggers who truly inspired me in April and today I thought I’d share them with you.
- If you don’t know Elle, she’s basically one of the strongest people ever. She documents her life experiences over on her blog including tales of school bullies and anxiety attacks and I really don’t think I’ve ever known someone to tell their story in such a beautiful way. If you haven’t already, you should definitely go over and give her blog some love.
- Maria is fast becoming one of my favourite people on the Internet. Her Instagram is always filled with the most quirky selfies and her blog is such a pleasure to read. She’s also the queen of GIFs over on Twitter so you should definitely be following her!
- Hello Miss Jordan has the prettiest Instagram and blog. Her photos always look flawless and her posts are perfection. My favourite blog post of Jordan’s in April was her High Tea post, because how delicious do those cakes look?!
- Hels is one of my favourite bloggers. She seems so incredibly down to earth and her little anecdotes of her adorable son Dougie are my favourite posts to read. Her posts about running the London Marathon and passing her driving test are incredibly inspiring!
- I feel like Chloe is just someone you can instantly relate to. Her posts are always so eloquently written and I particularly loved her post about short people, because as a short arse myself, I can definitely relate!
- Mandy’s blog is full of useful blogging advice, beautiful makeup and tips to improve your life. Reading her posts always leave me feeling inspired and my favourite posts last month were her ‘Tips For Staying Positive‘ and ‘50 Beauty Tips Every Girl Should Know‘.
- Becky’s posts are wonderfully curated, ranging from life lessons to ‘Confessions Of A Blogaholic‘; she’s instantly relatable and incredibly down to earth.
- Travelling is one of my favourite things to do and Victoria summed up the reasons why we should travel more in this post. If you love travelling, you should deffo check it out!
- My favourite posts to read are always lifestyle posts and Natasha seems to hit the nail on the head every time. From her post about the things she misses from school holidays to the things that people who are always cold can relate to, there’s always something interesting to read on her blog.
- Both Corrie’s Instagram and blog are full of the most beautiful photos. Her posts are also really lovely to read; my favourite post of Corrie’s in April was her ‘5 Ways I’m Building My Self-Confidence.’
Which bloggers did you love throughout April? Let me know in the comments or on Twitter @imjustagirl_16.
I hope you all enjoyed reading my AtoZ Challenge throughout April, it’ll be weird not to be blogging everyday but I really loved it so I may just have to commit to more days a week, watch this space…
Anyway, on with today’s post. It feels so strange to be nominated for a blogger award… It feels strange that people read my blog full stop, but nevertheless the lovely Emma nominated for The Liebster Award and I’m just sorry that it took me so long to write! You can also follow Emma on Twitter here, because she’s one of the loveliest people ever!
The rules for the Liebster Award are as follows:
- Post 11 Facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 bloggers to take part in the challenge.
- Ask those 11 bloggers 11 questions.
- Let the bloggers know that they’ve been nominated.
If you saw my 50 facts about me post then you’ll already know some stuff about me so I’ll try and add some new facts.
- My love for garlic bread is insane, I’d even eat it for every meal (yes, including breakfast!).
- I got stung by a stingray when I lived in New Zealand (it was only on the leg so it wasn’t too serious!).
- Travelling is one of my favourite things to do and the Maldives, Bora Bora and Thailand are all at the top of my travel bucket list.
- My nickname to all of my friends and family is Coco.
- English was my favourite subject at school and writing is one of my favourite things to do.
- I absolutely love heights- especially if the view is amazing.
- My boyfriend makes me happier than anything in the world.
- I have three brothers and two sisters, so I get asked to babysit a LOT.
- I always listen to Meatloaf when I’m getting ready for a night out.
- Even though I worked at Starbucks for six months, I’m not the biggest fan of coffee. I’d much prefer a cup of tea or a hot chocolate.
- I really want to live in New York for a little bit at some point in my life; it’s my favourite place in the world so I’d like to experience living there for six months or so.
11 Questions I’ve been nominated to answer:
1. What gives me inspiration to blog?
My biggest inspiration for blogging comes from my passion for writing; it’s always been my biggest dream to write my own book and have it published one day. The people who I’ve been inspired by are Hannah Gale, Jemma (Dorkface) and all the other wonderful bloggers that I follow on Twitter.
2. Do I write a lot of posts in one day or as and when I need?
I nearly always schedule my posts in advance, as I find it much easier than trying to rush one out. Most of my posts throughout April were scheduled which meant I had more time to promote them and I could rest assured that I had a post for everyday without worrying that I needed to rush home and publish one.
3. What is my proudest achievement?
My proudest achievement would probably be passing my driving test when I was 17. Even though I failed my first test and had a panic attack whilst at a junction, I still managed to pass the second time and it’s given me so much freedom.
4. What are my goals for next year?
I will be 20 next year! That seems so crazy as I still look about 12 but next year there are a number of things that I want to achieve. I really want to go away somewhere for New Year this year (I’m thinking New York…) so that’d be a great way to bring in 2018. I’d also like to have made a good start on saving for our own house. In terms of my blog I would love to go to a number of events and meet lots of the lovely bloggers that I follow on Twitter.
5. What is my go-to motivational quote?
I always like to tell myself ‘you’ve got this’ if I’m ever struggling with something or if I’m having a really bad day.
6. What is my favourite film?
There are so many films that I love; I’m a huge film nerd but my all-time favourite is Forrest Gump.
7. Do I love blogging?
Absolutely! It’s already become such a huge part of my life and I love everything about it. I’ve already met some incredible people and I’ve learned so many new skills!
8. Are my loved ones supportive of my writing?
I’ve always been a ‘writer’; from a very young age I always wrote stories and poems and my parents have always supported me. Matt is also incredibly supportive of me and he reads every post, I’m really very lucky!
9. What is my ultimate blogging dream?
I’d love to just carry on doing what I love and if people read my things then that’s amazing. I would love to publish my own book one day so if I can gain experience from writing this little blog and use it to create my own book then I’d love that.
10. Whose blog do I read when I need motivation?
There are so many bloggers that I look to for motivation and inspiration but I find that Hannah Gale, Wonderful You, Little Miss Katy and Jemma’s blog posts always leave me feeling refreshed and motivated.
11. Disney or Pixar?
It’s probably a very unpopular opinion but I would say Pixar!
My questions for you.
- What’s your favourite TV show?
- If you had to take one thing on a desert island what would it be?
- What’s your favourite makeup brand?
- What is the best piece of advice you’ve ever received?
- What’s your favourite food?
- Did you enjoy school? What was your favourite subject?
- What did you want to be when you were younger?
- What do you actually do now?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- Which FRIENDS character do you relate to the most?
- What’s your favourite thing to do on a weekend?
I hope you enjoyed this post, even though it’s a bit different from my usual posts!
It’s the last day of the AtoZ Challenge! I’ve managed to blog every single day in April and I’m honestly so proud of myself! It wasn’t easy putting together a post everyday but I have thoroughly enjoyed doing it.
Anyway, the final post of the AtoZ Challenge is all about my Zoeva Vegan Face Set makeup brushes. I got them for Christmas last year and I’ve used them everyday since. I’ve used the rose gold set before but they had got a bit old so these new ones came at the perfect time.
The grammar police in me is very aware that the title of this post doesn’t make an awful lot of sense but I was determined to keep the AtoZ theme throughout the whole month!
I digress, today’s post (as you can see from the poorly composed title) is all about the things that I want to have achieved in a year’s time. It’ll be sort of like writing my New Year’s Resolutions now but it’ll be from April to April instead of January to January…
This time next year I’ll be 20! I WILL BE IN MY TWENTIES! My mum has already had a number of mini freakouts about this fact as she can’t quite believe that she’ll have a daughter in her twenties. So, seeing as I’ll be a fully-fledged adult by this time next year, I thought I’d put together a list of things that I want to achieve by then, or at least be on my way to achieving…