I hope you all enjoyed reading my AtoZ Challenge throughout April, it’ll be weird not to be blogging everyday but I really loved it so I may just have to commit to more days a week, watch this space…
Anyway, on with today’s post. It feels so strange to be nominated for a blogger award… It feels strange that people read my blog full stop, but nevertheless the lovely Emma nominated for The Liebster Award and I’m just sorry that it took me so long to write! You can also follow Emma on Twitter here, because she’s one of the loveliest people ever!
The rules for the Liebster Award are as follows:
- Post 11 Facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 bloggers to take part in the challenge.
- Ask those 11 bloggers 11 questions.
- Let the bloggers know that they’ve been nominated.
If you saw my 50 facts about me post then you’ll already know some stuff about me so I’ll try and add some new facts.
- My love for garlic bread is insane, I’d even eat it for every meal (yes, including breakfast!).
- I got stung by a stingray when I lived in New Zealand (it was only on the leg so it wasn’t too serious!).
- Travelling is one of my favourite things to do and the Maldives, Bora Bora and Thailand are all at the top of my travel bucket list.
- My nickname to all of my friends and family is Coco.
- English was my favourite subject at school and writing is one of my favourite things to do.
- I absolutely love heights- especially if the view is amazing.
- My boyfriend makes me happier than anything in the world.
- I have three brothers and two sisters, so I get asked to babysit a LOT.
- I always listen to Meatloaf when I’m getting ready for a night out.
- Even though I worked at Starbucks for six months, I’m not the biggest fan of coffee. I’d much prefer a cup of tea or a hot chocolate.
- I really want to live in New York for a little bit at some point in my life; it’s my favourite place in the world so I’d like to experience living there for six months or so.
11 Questions I’ve been nominated to answer:
1. What gives me inspiration to blog?
My biggest inspiration for blogging comes from my passion for writing; it’s always been my biggest dream to write my own book and have it published one day. The people who I’ve been inspired by are Hannah Gale, Jemma (Dorkface) and all the other wonderful bloggers that I follow on Twitter.
2. Do I write a lot of posts in one day or as and when I need?
I nearly always schedule my posts in advance, as I find it much easier than trying to rush one out. Most of my posts throughout April were scheduled which meant I had more time to promote them and I could rest assured that I had a post for everyday without worrying that I needed to rush home and publish one.
3. What is my proudest achievement?
My proudest achievement would probably be passing my driving test when I was 17. Even though I failed my first test and had a panic attack whilst at a junction, I still managed to pass the second time and it’s given me so much freedom.
4. What are my goals for next year?
I will be 20 next year! That seems so crazy as I still look about 12 but next year there are a number of things that I want to achieve. I really want to go away somewhere for New Year this year (I’m thinking New York…) so that’d be a great way to bring in 2018. I’d also like to have made a good start on saving for our own house. In terms of my blog I would love to go to a number of events and meet lots of the lovely bloggers that I follow on Twitter.
5. What is my go-to motivational quote?
I always like to tell myself ‘you’ve got this’ if I’m ever struggling with something or if I’m having a really bad day.
6. What is my favourite film?
There are so many films that I love; I’m a huge film nerd but my all-time favourite is Forrest Gump.
7. Do I love blogging?
Absolutely! It’s already become such a huge part of my life and I love everything about it. I’ve already met some incredible people and I’ve learned so many new skills!
8. Are my loved ones supportive of my writing?
I’ve always been a ‘writer’; from a very young age I always wrote stories and poems and my parents have always supported me. Matt is also incredibly supportive of me and he reads every post, I’m really very lucky!
9. What is my ultimate blogging dream?
I’d love to just carry on doing what I love and if people read my things then that’s amazing. I would love to publish my own book one day so if I can gain experience from writing this little blog and use it to create my own book then I’d love that.
10. Whose blog do I read when I need motivation?
There are so many bloggers that I look to for motivation and inspiration but I find that Hannah Gale, Wonderful You, Little Miss Katy and Jemma’s blog posts always leave me feeling refreshed and motivated.
11. Disney or Pixar?
It’s probably a very unpopular opinion but I would say Pixar!
My questions for you.
- What’s your favourite TV show?
- If you had to take one thing on a desert island what would it be?
- What’s your favourite makeup brand?
- What is the best piece of advice you’ve ever received?
- What’s your favourite food?
- Did you enjoy school? What was your favourite subject?
- What did you want to be when you were younger?
- What do you actually do now?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- Which FRIENDS character do you relate to the most?
- What’s your favourite thing to do on a weekend?
I hope you enjoyed this post, even though it’s a bit different from my usual posts!