One of my favourite ways to chill out is to simply put a boxset on of one of my favourite TV shows. It’s such a great way to spend a relaxed Sunday afternoon, or even to escape everyday life. My taste in TV shows ranges immensely, from girly, romantic series to intense murder and crime programmes. I’ve listed my ten favourite series below to help you if you’re stuck in a bit of a Netflix rut (they’re not in any particular order BTW).
- F.R.I.E.N.D.S: Okay, so this one is actually in order as it is my favourite TV show of all-time. I can literally watch Friends at anytime of day, no matter what mood I’m in. It’s always there as a sort of ‘fallback’ series when there is literally nothing else to watch and I’m not really in the mood to start a new series. It never fails to cheer me up if I’m in a bad mood, and it makes for great light-hearted watching at the end of the day when you don’t want to concentrate too hard on anything.
- Pretty Little Liars: To the people who have never watched PLL this may seem like your typical girly series, but for the people who have watched it they’ll know just how immensely frustrating this show is. You’ll get to the point where you’re second-guessing yourself and you think “Am I A?” because it’s so full of plot twists and shady characters that you can never actually guess who the real ‘baddie’ is. Although, with the last ever series premiering this April, I’m *almost* sure that we’ll find out who A is…
- New Girl: This show is one of my all-time favourites. It never fails to make me laugh and Schmidt is just one of the best TV characters ever.
- Game of Thrones: I was quite apprehensive when Matt and I first started watching this show, largely because I thought it was going to be some weird Lord of the Rings crap. But Oh My God, it is nothing like LOTR; it’s incredible. Every episode leaves me wanting more and I am SO excited for the new season to start in the summer!
- Gavin and Stacey: This is another one of my all-time favourites. I must have watched all three series approximately 17 times. Even though it finished in 2010, it’s still something that I always go back and watch.
- Broadchurch: If you’ve never watched Broadchurch, firstly where have you been?! And secondly, you should deffo watch it! The first series centred around a murder in the seaside town of Broadchurch and was basically one of the best “Who Dunnit?” series to ever grace television. The latest (and final) series is about a local woman who was raped and it’s a very touching and heartfelt series. Also, how good is Olivia Colman?
- Miranda: This is definitely very much a light-hearted comedy series about a woman in her thirties essentially stumbling through life. It stars Miranda Hart who is just hilarious- I love watching this when I just need some background noise.
- The Inbetweeners: This typical British TV show is a hilarious comedy that basically shows British teenagers in a potentially degrading, but very funny light.
- The Hills: Featuring Lauren Conrad and a whole host of other rich, Californian teenagers, this show was my absolute go-to when I was about 13. It finished in 2010 but I’ve still continued to go back to it in recent years. It really is trashy TV but it was SO addictive.
- Gossip Girl: I didn’t actually like this quite as much as Pretty Little Liars, but as it’s based in New York City, I couldn’t help but loving it. The teenage drama and the fabulous fashion also made it an entertaining watch; and we’d all love to be as sassy as Blair Waldorf, right?
What are your favourite TV shows? Have you seen any of the ones above? Let me know in the comments or on Twitter @imjustagirl_16.