With Mother’s Day just a few weeks away I thought I’d put together a gift guide on the things that you could treat your mum with. My mum is without a doubt one of the most important people in my life. She will literally do anything for me and she’s one of the most selfless, funniest, bravest people I know. Happy Mother’s Day mum.
So now all the soppiness is out of the way, here’s my list of ideas that you could give to your mum this Mother’s Day.
- Buy her an abundance of candles. I’m like 99% sure that every mum would love to receive candles on any day of the year but why not buy her a whole bunch on Mother’s Day so that they last her all year, or you know, at least until Christmas when you have to buy all the seasonally scented ones.
- You could buy her tickets to see her favourite artist/band. I really wanted to get my mum tickets to see Adele as she would have loved to have seen her live but they sold out so quickly :(.
- If you really want to spoil your mum, you could take her away for a spa weekend somewhere and just enjoy spending time together.
- You could take her to afternoon tea somewhere really fancy. My mum and I love going for afternoon tea (because we’re about 79 years old!) and we’d love to have our own afternoon tea shop!
- You could get creative and make her a photo album of pictures of the two of you together.
- Buy her a really nice piece of jewellery. In previous years I’ve bought my mum charms for her Pandora and Tiffany bracelets. These are really thoughtful gifts and can be kept forever.
- Surprise her with her favourite flowers and chocolates.
- If your mum loves to learn new skills, you could go to a class together. Things like cooking classes or dance classes could be a fun way to spend time with your mum.
- Treat her to some of her favourite makeup products or perfume.
- Take her on a shopping spree and treat her to some new clothes.
- You could go out for lunch or dinner together at her favourite restaurant.
- Get her something personalised. Things like wine glasses or mugs make for an excellent gift for the mums who like a glass of wine on an evening.
- You could create your own hamper full of treats that she likes. You could include things like her favourite chocolate, wine, cinema tickets and DVDs.
I hope you found this post useful and that it gave you some ideas about what you could get your mum for Mother’s Day.
(btw, sorry for the terrible picture quality- it was the only one that I could find where we both looked half decent!).